Monday, April 02, 2007

I'll have mine with a little funk please...

Here's a little something you won't find in this form anywhere else in the entire blogdom, it's a real A.N.O.E. exclusive. My buddy in Stockholm, Sebastian, who used to run and dj at the very cool Reach Out nights did a rather lovely edit of the very rare 'Sing My Song' by Dennis Laundry, around the time he was putting on this great Funk & Disco club night. I couldn't find very much info on Dennis, except that he was part of the Louisiana Funk Scene in the late 60's and 70's, along with acts like African Music Machine & Eddie G. Giles. The track is fantastic and gets some extended loop action from Sebastian. I often wonder how gems like this seem to fall between the cracks (tracks), there's no doubt about the man's talent and heartfelt rendition of this superb soulful funk item. Here then is the Reach Out edit of 'Sing My Song', makes me wanna sing along...

http://www.zshare.net/audio/dennis-laundry-sing-my-song-reach-out-edit-mp3.html

4 comments:

Ced said...

GOOD GOOD GOOD !!

chris keys said...

hey Mr Boum Boum, I love it too...

Anonymous said...

reach for the skies!

chris keys said...

makes me reach too