Friday, August 03, 2007

Originally Inside Out

Jez over at Innersounds recently posted American Gypsy's 'I'm OK, You're OK', a great track, but for me the track of theirs to go for is 'Inside Out'. I posted an edit of it sometime back, one of my favourite edits, but the original has a few mood and tempo changes which don't feature on the bootleg, plus there are some lovely clean vocals on it, clearly put to good use by the producer on that one. 'Inside Out' is more Soul Funk, even more Blaxploitation than Disco, with shades of Gil Scott-Heron about it, from their debut album, simply called 'American Gypsy', 'Inside' is a moody epic which I believe to be essential..

American Gypsy - Inside Out

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this track! Thank you.

Premini said...

Awesome track, didn knew American Gypsy, THANKS!
What's the name of the edit you mention in the post?

chris keys said...

He Premini
you can find the original post here

http://anothernightonearth.blogspot.com/2007/01/turns-me-inside-out.html

the link is still live... glad you liked it...

Anonymous said...

Blackalicious ! Great track Thanks

Unknown said...

exquisite! thank you