Wednesday, August 01, 2007

What'cha Gonna Do With My Edit?

Back in the day when an edit, really was a matter of extending bits and editing out others (usually the cheesier parts), Danny Krivit was King. Amongst the tracks I just got, is a 12" with his cut ups of Change's 'Holdtight' and Stephanie Mills' 'What'cha Gonna Do With My Lovin'. 'Holdtight' is Soul Disco at it's finest, though I've gone for the Mills track with it's sweet sweet after hours 'shuffle' midtempo feel. The track from the gold album of the same name, was a bit of a hit back in 1979, it's feel good R'nB Disco will not appeal to the beards amongst you, but it's pretty irresistible if you like a little sugar mixed in with the other sounds u might be currently digging.

Stephanie Mills - What'cha Gonna Do With My Lovin (Danny Krivit Edit)

5 comments:

soulbrotha said...

Thanks for this!

I'm not sure what a "beard" is but this was one of my jams back in the day! Please post more funky edits of the familiar soul/dance hits from back in the day!

chris keys said...

hey soulbrotha - i do post more well known stuff every now and then - check out the archives, so many of the links are still live - plenty to be gettin on with and check back you never know what i might pop up next :)

Anonymous said...

oi mista keyz.. these are absolutely double bubble explosions.. funny thing about this 12' edit here// christmas eve thought i'll pop in and take look in the record store.. after doin some sensitive digging i came across this edit. after i turned around i saw this bald nugget flicking through tunes as like they where dated stamps. i said danny " danny krivit.. ya he was like ya thats my name. i said folk me look what i just found a surprising edit.. very cheeky.. he laughed and then we jumped into a musical chatter about some boogie gems and the days at body&soul . which he was all up for. then kindly started shifting through and passing me tracks that he has liked over the years out of the discount bin. i was chuffed.. he gave me some details on some other edits but he assured me it will be a tough trackin them down.. try japan !! with that i said enjoy whistler and i be on my way with this nasty edit... holdtight!! and tetley delight of danny krivit... cheers ears..

chris keys said...

oi Brother Jsun - where have u been? hope you're well man. Nice Story!!!!! getting a little help from Danny woulda made my month, too cool and in school!!! ;) nice to hear from ya... the version of holdtight ROCKS MY WORLD!!!

Anonymous said...

can you please re up stephanie mills???