Friday, March 11, 2011

colder winds

Well ok then, lets get things back up to scratch.. It's the weekend and time to play out some of those recent finds. But let's start with a find from someone else... The Growing Bin continue to be one of the coolest site's on the www, it really is a diggers paradise. Basso, who contributes a great many wonderful records to the Bin, recently posted a compilation album called 'Muzik Szene Saar' which he describes as 'hailing from from the small german federal state called Saarland, named after the river Saar, this compilation offers folky vibes, krautrock, teutonic elektronik, obscure funk and heavy rock!'. It's a real find, the way I see it and it's nearly the beardiest record I've heard in awhile. I mean how could you not get your beard on to a track like 'Colder Winds' by the never heard of again Marx, Rootschilt and Tillermann. But do go and download the whole thing, especially for the surprising Latin beauties done by the equally obscure duo Ambi and Arno. Arrrgh what a joy!! Thanks Basso and the Bin. I heard a rumour that Basso would be dropping in on anoe's Press Play mix series too... hmmmm I wonder if that's true...

Marx, Rootschilt and Tillerman - Colder Winds 

5 comments:

Sooor said...

Love The Growing Bin.

And I would definitely be up for a guest mix by Basso. His mixes always deliver (just check out his "Music To Read Books by" mixes if you haven't already)

chris keys said...

yeah i know them well... super mixes.

basso said...

I heard the same thing and someone told me he's already picking records for it. cheers and THANKS!

SERGIO RIZZOLO said...

Amazing compilation that one, but my favourite is without doubt the X-Rays funky Heart Attack.

chris keys said...

Sergio!! howdy fella. yeah I love that X-Rays track.. very nice! hope you're well!!