Saturday, August 25, 2007

Gaye Theme Continues

Secret Mixes Fixes, is a Detroit based sub label of Interdimensional Transmissions which is run by Brendan Gillen of Ectomorph. There are 7 or so volumes of crazy edits on the label, of all kinds of acts from Duran Duran to Gino Soccio to Prince to Front 242, some of which are really fantastic. I've been digging this re-fix of The Slits doing Mr Gaye's 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine' from volume 5 released in 2006 descriptively re-named as 'Bassvine'...

The Slits - Bassvine

1 comment:

the saucer people said...

Hi there, I am a contributor for the Overfitting Disco website and I am just putting together a post to mark the sad passing of Ari Up of The Slits and I was hoping to post the Secret Mixes 'Bassvine' along with the original and maybe Earthbeat...anyway, I cannot find my rip anywhere and was hoping if you still had it you could mail it me...before I had to resort to pleading I checked everywhere and no one seems to have it....

...will of course source you, thank you and link you up when i publish the short article.

jackamo23ATgmailcom

many thanks, I know these kind of requests can be a pain, kinda desperate!