Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Lindbæk roots

Today is the national day of the Sami people, ofcourse I wouldn't normally know such a thing if it weren't for Sami descendant, dj, edit master and crate digger of note Rune Lindbæk. Infact Rune send todays track to me from his town of birth Varder in Finnmark. So about the track; Rune says "This track by the group Jienat (which means 'sound' in sami) has been in my set for the last year, it got great responses, all over Europe! You might be familiar with another Sami artist; Mari Boine". I think the beats on this number are just awesome and the wonderful, dare i say ethnic vocals are so unusual and beautiful, it doesn't surprise me in the least that it gets dancers all hot under the collar.

I want to let u know that there is a fair bit of Rune stuff to keep a look out for over the next while... Check out the forthcoming Mungolian Jetset remixes on Luna Flick and next month Mr Lindb
æk releases an ambient album with/as Pechenga on Pechengamusic . Also keep 'em peeled for their remix of a Jose Gonzalez track. I'm also very excited about the news that he is also working on an album (out in October'ish) with Dan & Conrad Idjut called Meanderthals. The first 12" is out in two months on smalltownsupersound. The man is clearly very busy... thank goodness..

In the meantime check out the edit, which is I'm glad to say not available anywhere other than here on ANOE, yet...

Jienat - Ruovgga Jievja (Rune Lindb
æk Edit)

No comments: