Sunday, January 15, 2012

Press Play #56 - The Drunk

A little under a year ago I got to chatting with deep digger, dj and edit meister The Drunk. Mainly it was me badgering the man into doing a mix for a.n.o.e.'s long standing Press Play series. I've long been a fan of the mysterious fella, since his early releases on Rong and Freestyle, and I knew if I could pull it off, the series would benefit greatly. A little under a year later, many emails across the ocean and back and here it is. It is an eclectic beast that traverses Country, Reggae Disco, Afro, hairy Rock, House and a number of genre defying styles with the ease of a slinky rolling down the Odessa steps. At an hour and forty minutes, 'Drunkin' Jukebox' is an epic ride, it's packed with really amazing music (much of which i'd not heard before) and it's exactly what I'd hoped it would be, what I knew it would be... totally brilliant! Both you and I will be playing this for years to come...

If you dont already know The Drunk, check out these records, I suspect though, if you still read this blog, you're already very much tuned in and have probably already hit download... mega thanks go out to The Drunk, thrilled to have you join the Press Play crew...

Press Play #56 - The Drunk - Drunkin' Jukebox

7 comments:

Havana Candy said...

ace, nuff said

chris keys said...

yip :D

Anonymous said...

great stuff

Unknown said...

Wish there was a track list. This is so much fun.

Alex said...

track at 18 mins is heavy. sounds like Adam and the Ants on E!

specialdiscomix said...

Brilliant mix, anyone attempted to do a track list? I'd love to know what the opening track is? Insane Afro-beats

specialdiscomix said...

The Inner City Jam Band edit sounds like the one on Moxie, I take it The Drunk did the edit on the Moxie release. It has the hallmarks of his work, excellent edit! Anyone know if that is correct?