Friday, June 01, 2007

Rong is always Right

Tussle's 'Disco D'oro', for me is their best track, along with 'Elephants'. Until a few days ago, I only had the second remix package (from 2005 on Rong) along with the newer album, but managed to bag a copy of the original 12" with what turns out to be the best version of the track by DJ Spun. It's spooky ('ish), sparce, less raw than the original, a little bit DFA and whole lot of smoke filled dub dancefloor action. I'm thinking most of you have this bass & drum driven item, but it's a good find for me regardless

Tussle - Disco D'oro (DJ Spun Version)

5 comments:

Lagos Disco Machine said...

great song and remix

Social Disco Club said...

Nice post as always!
I've got to put down the link because one guy from BBE send me a message and stays mad with me!!! But i talk to him and we stay cool, but ive got to delete the link... i think you can find it easily on the web, if dont talk to me ;)
see ya

Pat Les Stache said...

I thought Tussle was going to release a remix LP a while back that never seemed to find the light of day, which I think is unfortunite because they had a nice line-up of people to remix their songs. Good post.

chris keys said...

hey Athlete - didnt know about that, sounds interesting, i think their stuff is better when remixed, a personal thing really, or maybe live their tracks really work.

chris keys said...

sdc - yeah i thought that's what happened, i think it would have been fine if you chose one or two tracks - anyway I'm keen to hear what u think are the top two tracks - ill mail u...