Monday, July 16, 2007

shiny shiny boots of leather

Daniel Wang hardly requires an introduction, the man has done so many top tracks, graduating from using samples on his early stuff, to re-creating that Italo Disco sound that he loves so much with entirely original source material. From deep spacey, friendly, melodic items to peak hour stuff, Wang creates a sound that's entirely his own, using a lot of vintage gear. 'Black Boots & Sine Waves', from his Environ release 'Nocturnes', is one of my many favourites...

Daniel Wang - Black Boots & Sine Waves

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daniel Wang for President :)

Have you read his "Memories of San Francisco" on Discopia?

http://www.discopia.com/portal/issues/issue6/daniel

Nice choice Chris!

Jez

Unknown said...

Even for a commited purveyor of sleaze like myself I found my eyebrows being raised in shock by those memories in question.
Like some filth I can't stop reading, and yes, viva el wang.
On a vaguely related subject (queer disco oral history), did you ever read the description of quite popular gay blogger Joe My God hearing "Walk the Night" for the first time.. made me laugh out loud...

http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2005/07/instant-disco-history-vol-3.html

kevvy-k

chris keys said...

Hey Jez
yup indeed I have read it - loved it... :)

chris keys said...

I often read Joe My Blog, he's a great writer and yes, really funny, really really funny... Kev - purveyor of sleaze... keep at it you'll be in Butt mag next, nah not before me - ha ha

chris keys said...

oh and yes - Daniel Wang for president!!!