Monday, October 25, 2010

press play #40 - lusty zanzibar

Easily one of my favourite sets in recent times, Lusty Zanzibar's Press Play mix 'Z'bar Helium Invert' brings the series to it's 40th episode. Sir Lusty has handed in a classy journey through the best of House, Balearic and Disco. You'll know some of the tracks well, but Lusty's electric blends and fine selection make this a pretty essential party tape. 

Alex Cordiner aka Lusty Zanzibar has his debut album coming up on Nang in the next months, it's a record I am very keen to hear; ever since I got hold of the Zanzibar's first ep on Bear Funk, i've been a big fan. His remix of 'Pionir' for Ichisan & Nakova merely compounded the obsession. I hear Alex holds down a residency at a monthly night in New Cross, London, which, if this mix is anything to go buy, must surely be one to check out. Once again, I feel blessed to be able to bring you another excellent mix from one of my favourite artists...

Press Play #40 - Lusty Zanzibar - Z'bar Helium Invert

track list:
Acos Coolkas - Free Flight
Dubtribe Sound System - Do it Now
Tensnake - Need Your Lovin (Dub Mix)
Morgan Geist - 24K
Freaks - Washing Machine
Rob Mello feat Cecile - Fantasize  (vocal club mix)
Cabaret Voltaire - Yashar
Tantra - A Place called Tarot (Idjut Boys remix)
Fern Kinney - Love me Tonight
Voyage - I Love you Dancer
Original Disco Ted - Its all over your
Ray Mang - Look into my Eyes
Low Motion Disco - Things are going to get Easier
William Pitt - City Lights
Chaz Jankel - Glad To Know You (Todd Terje Re-edit)

No comments: