Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday Classics #5


Friday Classics don't seem nearly as popular as some of the more tech based stuff I've posted, go figure! Essentially I love all kinds of music, and Another Night On Earth is all about mixed up sounds. Also I thought I'd mention that the Lindstrom posting for last weeks Bonus Track attracted way less attention than I would have thought, those that did get it surely know its real value. So on to FC#5; today's posts are all remixes of fantastic original outright classic tracks, each worked and manipulated with a particular and different approach. Carl Craig takes on South African jazz man Hugh Masekela's 'Boy's are Doin' it' in a way I suspect no one really can, he just makes it his own and fuses techno with afro in an extremely creative and dancefloor worthy way, its available on Verve and should be sought out if u haven't already got it. Steely Dan are unquestionably one of my favorite bands of all time, I just never tire of them, 'Peg' gets a slight edit and some extra beats added on, also for the dancefloor. It's not the most complex of remix or edit jobs but it works perfectly. Last up is a fantastic remix of Womack & Womack's 'Life is Just a Ballgame' by DJD & Arthur Blackbeard, again I have always loved the Womacks and this remix has a really great extended intro of organic beats and flute which only fractionally hint at the original, until ofcourse when it drops in and the splendor of it all makes ya wanna dance with joy.

http://rapidshare.de/files/33234998/Hugh_Masekela_-_Boys_doin_it__Carl_Craig_rmx_.mp3.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/33235442/steely_dan_-_peg__dj_nobody_rmx_.mp3.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/33235993/womack___womack_-_life__djd___blackbeard_rmx_.mp3.html

No comments: