Friday, December 07, 2007

Coming back strong

OK the long gaps between posts should be changing gear now that we're into the holiday season, I'm not on holiday yet, but I'm thinking I should have a little more time on my hands. So I wanted to start with a little number that I got wind of on the always informative DJHistory, it's the kind of thing that surfaces after much digging in the Afro Disco end of things. I've been doing a fair bit of research there for a special mix I'm working on. Calender's (yeah that is how its spelt) 1976 'It's a Monster' album spawned 'Hypertension' which is a little better known than the item I'm posting and it features on a couple of pretty good compilations. 'Coming On Strong' is, however, just amazingly funky, with great hooks, great vocals, hot breaks and is an all round top top track, easily one of my favourite finds of the year. You have some more hot exclusives on the way to ya, a new Press Play and a bunch of other bits, so stick around...

Calender - Coming On Strong

No comments: