Monday, December 22, 2008

massiera

I needed a mini break from all things www and so took the rest of the week off from a.n.o.e. ... I have some catching up to do... First off - I'm not sure if anyone other than Ray Mang managed to spot that I named the Hercule/ Mang edit incorrectly (Herculese - what was I thinking??), please correct your mp3 file names, if that sort of thing bothers you (it does me!). Kelvin Brown very kindly handed over the track list for his very fine 'Celestial Blues' mix, so check that out in the original post here. Moving on...

Without going into a lengthy description of the incredible catalogue of great music produced by Jean-Pierre Massiera, I thought I'd simply put up one of my favorite tracks by the man and suggest if you aren't familiar with some his now very pricey records, to check out two wonderful comps of his work 'Psychoses Freakoid' & 'Psychoses Discoid', put out recently by Canadian Mucho Gusto Records. Venus Gang's 'Learn To Fly' does of course feature (on the second of the two mentioned) along with a decent sliver of his discography. Genius Afro Disco this...

The Starlights - Mao Mao

No comments: