Sunday, January 20, 2008

strong

When it comes to Boz Scaggs, the track to own is undoubtedly 'Lowdown', which I've had up on A.N.O.E. before, but the guy isn't a one track man. I particularly like the fusion of Funk, Disco & Rock in his 'Hercules' from his 1974 'Slow Dancer' album on Columbia. It's the sort of thing you'll easily pick up in a boot sale or record fare and goes down very smoothly on a blazing sunday afternoon freeform sorta set with its white boy Blaxploitation feel. I think it's a bit odd that the track didnt make it to his 'Hits' compilation which is an easier and cheaper route to 'Lowdown' if u can't find the original album.

Boz Scaggs - Hercules

2 comments:

soulbrotha said...

Wow! I had no idea he covered this song! I'm only familiar with the Aaron Neville version. This joint is hot! Thanks alot man.

Anonymous said...

Yo! For more Boz Scaggs-related, check our Milkshake remix!